Hagioscope

Thursday, July 31, 2008

dumb junk du jour

  • When’s the last time you awoke to the sensation of a tongue in your nostril? For me, it was 5:30 a.m. today. Presto was ready to play. Thanks, cat.
  • Does anyone out there use Twitter? I really don’t see what the big deal is. All explanations welcome.
  • The other day I watched an episode of ReGenesis on Hulu.com. It’s a TV show best described as House + Bones + 24. Key ingredients: obnoxious but brilliant protagonist, science-based prodecural, and time pressure, respectively. One ep was enough. It’s the obnoxious protagonist that puts me off. I know “love to hate ‘em” antiheroes are fairly popular, but when I watch TV, I don’t want to hate, I just want to be entertained. Hate is too much work. Well, I’m willing to hate a villain, but not a main character.
  • When I’m working on campus at the U in our bunker of an office space, my iPhone experiences a signifcant delay in synchronizing e-mail and picking up voice messages from the outside world.
  • I made a rare run through a McDonald’s drive-thru yesterday. Even though I know that smoking a pack of Ebola-laden cigarettes would probably be less unhealthy for me than eating an Extra Value Meal #3, I have to admit it tasted pretty good. Especially the fries. * Sigh * I hate it when that happens.
  • I just finished reading David Sedaris’s new book, When You Are Engulfed in Flames. You should read it, too, so I’d be happy to lend you my copy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Ebola-laden cigarettes??? That's a great image.

    I will try to keep that image in mind the next time I am craving anything at that evil place with the golden arches.

    By Blogger Collette, at 10:39 AM  

  • I just finished listening to the audio version of the new David Sedaris book, and I agree with you -- I loved it.
    --Grassmaster A

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 AM  

  • Dear Scary Cat-Lady,

    You have to check out this site

    http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

    Yours is still the best, but this is a close second...

    KP

    By Blogger Parker, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home