Hagioscope

Monday, July 14, 2008

clean bill of health



Presto had his first vet visit today and came home with a clean bill of health.

He's about six months old, the vet said, so my estimate of three months was way off. He's old enough to be neutered and will have that done next month. His teeth, ears, and coat look great. He tested negative for FIV and feline leukemia.

Most important, though, Presto is chipless. I held my breath while the tech scanned him for a microchip that would indicate someone had already claimed him, afraid I'd have to return him to his first home. But no chip was found. He'll get one when he goes in for neutering so if he's ever lost, he can be returned to me.

Presto hated the car ride to and from the vet, but did fine while he was there. He charmed the staff with friendly head bumps and did not scratch, bite, or poo on anyone. It was a good way to start the week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home