Hagioscope

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

soap dish

Once upon a time last week, my former boss Claire called to tell me about a job opening that might interest me. It did, so I made an appointment to meet with the client. We met yesterday, and while the full-time position was not a match for me, we discussed the possibility of me doing some freelance work for them.

Since the job was still open, I contacted a networking buddy, Kim K, I thought might be interested. She said, "My friend Deb used to work there. Wanna talk to her?" So I called Deb, and she gave me some very useful information about the organization.

Then I asked what Deb was doing these days, and she said she'd just applied for a job at a place I used to work, reporting to my ex-boss (not Claire). So I in turn hooked her up with Kim T, who still works at that place with that boss and can give Deb the inside scoop.

And then I backtracked to Kim K and Amy, the mutual friend who introduced us, and Claire, and told them the whole story. It's a small, small world.

Today I'm grateful for:
  • networking
  • cell phones

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home