Hagioscope

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Fishmas



This morning, Christmas Eve, Mom and I got together with my Aunt Jo in the tiny berg of Newell for morning coffee. We met at the Sinclair station and chatted in a booth beneath this and several other festive, fin-tastic decorations.

When I was 14, I took my driver's test in Newell, population @ 650, 25 miles from home. I could have waited another three weeks for the examiner who travelled our rural circuit to come back around to my hometown, but when you're 14 and eligible to get your learner's permit, who wants to wait? Rather than hear about my misery for another three weeks, my parents allowed me to go to Newell for the test. I failed parallel parking (and still do), but passed the rest, so I have fond memories of Newell — even if the mighty Irrigators did beat us in basketball a little too often.

Please send photos of interesting holiday decor! And tell me about your driver's test. Did you pass on the first try? No fibbing, now. Santa will hear you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I only got a 71 on my driver's test (if you got 70 or lower you had to re-do the behind-the-wheel part to get your license), and all of my friends teased me for having such a low score... until I learned that their higher scores came when they did their RE-tests!! Boy did I let them have it after I knew that I actually PASSED my first time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home