Hagioscope

Friday, November 16, 2007

the Warren report

My kitty Warren has been knocking on heaven's door for the past week, and I haven't been blogging because I've been worried sick about him and barely able to talk about the situation without bursting into tears. But after numerous X-rays, an ultrasound, exploratory surgery, and several nights in a feline ICU, he's turning a corner. I finally get to bring him home tomorrow.

The bad news is, Warren has lymphoma, which is a cancer of the white blood cells. The good news is, it's the kind that's treatable with steroids, and we should have a couple more good years together.

Because of the inflammation caused by the cancer cells and a touch of irritable bowel disease, he's not eating on his own yet, so for a few days, I'll be feeding him a liquid diet through a tube down his nose. Gross! But, the vet assures me, very doable.

After waiting ALL DAY and finishing every scrap of work I had to distract myself, I finally got the call about half an hour ago. I'm so
relieved, I think I might throw up.

Sprite and I will finish out the evening with a few episodes of Star Trek and Buffy. And I might finally eat something myself (not through my nose).

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I am sorry to hear about Warren's illness, but happy to know it's treatable! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you and/or Warren.

    Take care! You and Mr. Peace have been through a lot!
    ~ N

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home