Hagioscope

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

also

I was offered interviews for two jobs today — one in Santa Ana, CA, and one in Reno, NV. Neither had read my intro closely enough to realize that I live and work in Mpls. Cuz that fact is in the first line, and who would look there? Ah well, it’s nice to know my madd skillz are still in demand.

Also, a client asked me to write four more newsletters for them, and I said I would. I hope they don’t balk at my slight rate hike.

Also, the documents I’ve been waiting all day to proofread have yet to arrive. What IS it with these people?

Also, I got my Dragon*Con progress report in the mail. The list of featured guests is unbelievable. The actors who play Fred & George Weasley and Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter movies will be there. Also Data and Riker and Dr. Crusher and Q from ST:TNG. Also James Marsters, aka Spike the hot vampire. Also two of the three Lone Gunmen from the X-Files. Also big-time writers Robert Asprin and Terry Brooks. Also the Ghost Hunters and the Mythbusters. Also some women from professional wrestling. Also Louis Gosset, Jr.

Louis Gosset, Jr.?

Yeah. Apparently he’s done some videogame voice work and had a recurring role in Stargate SG-1. Who knew?

Also, I just wanted to let you know that Jonathan Kellerman’s new novel kind of sucks. I’m terribly disappointed. The characters I’ve come to know and love over the course of about 20 books got no development whatsoever. None! What’s the point?

And to make matters worse, he name-drops the Sturgis motorcycle rally but says it’s held in the Black Mountains. MOUNTAINS?! Who the hell does this guy’s research? They’re the Black Hills, Jon. Hills. Trust me, I grew up there.

Also, I’ve upped my Sudoku difficulty level from medium to hard. My average solve time has doubled. So I'd better go practice.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Good work. Thank you

    By Blogger david santos, at 8:40 PM  

  • Must have gotten the Black Hills confused with Led Zeppelin's "Black Mountain Side." Decades of pot will do that to a person, I've heard.

    You are such a nerd. While you're at DorkFest, I'll be vacationing in Jellystone.

    By Blogger Aaron Friday, at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home