Hagioscope

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Unemployment Chronicles, Chapter 15

Late to bed, early to rise. It's 6:30 a.m. and I've been awake for a couple hours. No particular reason I can discern. I'm just not asleep. I suppose that could change later.

Meanwhile, the cats are confused. If I'm awake, it must be time for me to feed them — yet I'm not putting food in the bowls! What fresh hell is this? Sprite is especially unhappy. I've had her on near-starvation rations for the past week and a half to try to do away with some of her unhealthy extra poundage. I've been delivering her morning morsels as soon as I get up; now I'm up, but she's getting no food. Madness!

Not much going on for me at the moment, either online or off. Today I'll buy some office supplies, see a movie, maybe build a website or something. I will not sit around waiting for the phone to ring, even though several potential employers owe me calls back.

Having no interviews this week is making me antsy, but my career coach has given me plenty of homework to fill the time — stuff like putting a "thanks for the interview" note/brochure package together, designing and printing new business cards (possible now that I have a printer), upgrading my resume, networking, etc. I have several networking things lined up in the coming weeks, so that's one item off the list.

In the meantime, let me regale you with my thoughts on the Oscars, like everybody else. I did not watch the awards show, so my opinion are based entirely on a handful of photos and videos I viewed online.

  1. What's with the deep red lipstick on the blonde actresses? I doesn't flatter any of them. Looks terrible, in fact.
  2. Leonardo DiCaprio looks like he swallowed Jack Nicholson.
  3. Al Gore looks like he swallowed Leonardo DiCaprio.
  4. That thing with the a cappella choir providing the soundtrack for a string of unrelated movie snippets? Er . . . why? Surely they weren't trying to show something new or innovative; 12-year-olds have been doing this for decades. Did the ghost of Michael Winslow possess the director? Or did he simply lose a bet?


Is 7:00 too early to make fettuccine alfredo? Surely not. Not if I have some chocolate cake as an appetizer while the pasta boils.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • It's never too early for fettuccine alfredo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home