Hagioscope

Thursday, December 21, 2006

paper or plastic?

Do you wrap gifts carefully and beautifully (paper), or do you toss them in handy gift bags (plastic)?

I used to hate wrapping gifts because I'm not very good at it. But once I lightened up, accepted my shortcomings in the Martha Stewart area, and started sipping the 'nog while I wrap, it got a lot more fun. I usually save gift bags for oddly shaped items or times I'm in a hurry.

One year Mother Media created a lovely array of brown paper packages tied up with string, since these are a few of her favorite things. Martha rating: 7.5.

A friend of mine wraps gifts in plain paper, then decorates them with specially chosen ink stamps and whatnot. That's gotta be like a 9 or 9.5.

Come on, fess up. Paper or plastic?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Oddly enough, I enjoy wrapping presents. I think it's my hidden talent. How bizarre is that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 PM  

  • I told ya... I take pride in wrapping... I wanted to be the wrapping girl when I worked at Dayton's but they said I was too young at sixteen.

    I do both... but Chritmas calls from wrapping paper in my book most times!

    By Blogger Kim, at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home