Hagioscope

Thursday, November 02, 2006

TVjeebies

Last night was my TV night. I kicked things off with the concluding episodes of the Sci Fi Channel’s time-twisting miniseries 5ive Days to Midnight. Good show. Kept me guessing. There was actual acting in it, a refreshing change from . . . almost everything else out there. Plus, the little girl looks EXACTLY like Drew Barrymore. Netflick it if you get a chance.

And speaking of things that are not refreshing, I tuned in to watch last night’s Lost in realtime because I knew a second-tier character was going to get killed off, and I didn’t want to wait for the download to find out which one. Unfortunately, it was one of the truly interesting people on the island — so you know right away (spoiler alert) it wasn’t Jack, Kate or Charlie. And I had already predicted whose X-rays bore the lethal tumor, so that big revelation was neither.

I gotta tell ya, this show is testing my patience. In the beginning, it was a character-driven drama with some action and some very clever mystery thrown in. That’s what got me hooked. Now action scenes and rat-a-tat-tat plot twists have taken center stage, and character development comes from the valiant efforts of a few actors to squeeze some in between sweaty sprints through the jungle. Lostvivor, anyone? Or The Young and the Lost? Days of Our Stinky, Unshaven Lives?

Oh, and enough with the Sawyer torture already. That is SO X-Files fanfic.

Anyway, I capped off the evening in bed with my two favorite guys, Jon and Stephen. I’m slightly less apathetic about politics for the first time in my life thanks to these “fake” newscasters. But I’ll let you in on a little secret here: the only thing fake about their news is the people they report on. Stewart/Colbert ’08! WOO!

Switching gears: My breakfast cookies arrived earlier this week, which has sent me into an ecstasy of trans-fat-free, complex carb consumption. You want these. Trust me. Go to Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods and order a dozen (or more!) assorted cookies now! Or zero in on your favorite flavor. The peanut butter & jelly cookie is a longtime fave of mine, but the new ginger & molasses and pumpkin offerings are climbing the ranks as well. I won’t have to prepare my own breakfast for the next month and a half. These cookies are proof of God’s love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home