Hagioscope

Sunday, November 05, 2006

ah, the prestige

Thanks to multiple, noisy malfunctions by the self-scooping cat box, I was up early this morning. Ridiculously early for a weekend. So early that I beat the post-church senior citizen crowd to Perkins, scarfed down a high-impact breakfast instead of brunch, ran some other errands and got my homestead chores done by noon. NOON, people!

Those chores included a final pass over the yard with the mighty mulcher. After a week of temps in the 30s, this weekend has brought high 50s and even some low 60s, so working outside was a pleasure. Such a pleasure, in fact, that I broke a longstanding personal rule and wrote a poem about it.

Ode to Toro
It shreds the leaves
whilst cutting grass.
The mulching mower
saves my ass.

*bows*

Thank you. Thank you. No, no, you're too kind. Thank you.

And now I'm off to see a matinee of Batman vs. Wolverine, a.k.a. The Prestige. I heard a rumor that Hugh Jackman's abs make a guest appearance. I'm planning to wear my glasses.

After that, who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home