Hagioscope

Thursday, October 05, 2006

visions

I watched the season premiere of LOST last night. It was pretty good. Jack alternately raged and wept, Kate pouted schemily, and Sawyer showed just enough skin to make the fangirls sigh. No surprises so far, obviously, but the function of a premiere is to set up the next chapter in the story. I'm willing to see how the season plays out. My interest is interesting in itself, since there's only one character on the show I really like, and it isn't any of the Big Three mentioned above.

However, the evening served as a screaming reminder of why I now download or Netflick TV shows I want to watch: because COMMERCIAL TELEVISION IS PUNISHMENT FOR HAVING EYES. The constant moronic interruptions suggest what it must be like to live with a lobotomy patient who has Tourette's Syndrome.

In other high-tech news, last night I successfully managed to display the images from my computer monitor on the TV screen. The resolution and color are not perfect, but if I wanted to create an easy-to-view on-the-spot slide show at the next family reunion, I could do it.

Also, as I was downloading a few things this morning, I noticed that iRonny hoovered up the files much more quickly than usual. Looks like my DSL upgrade has taken effect. WHEE! Y'all should check out the free video podcast from National Geographic.

Geek score for this post: 8 out of a possible 10.

P.S. Today would have been my 10th wedding anniversary. Thank God it's not.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I've never been able to watch Lost for more than 10 minutes. It confuses me as much as the commericals. And whats worse than those are the political ads running right now. ARGH

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today

    By Blogger The Mistress of the Dark, at 7:43 PM  

  • I've never seen this show! But your site is cool and I've linked you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home