Hagioscope

Friday, May 26, 2006

10 simple pleasures

I got tagged by Aura, so now it’s my turn to spread the cheer. Ten simple pleasures, in no particular order:

  1. My lilac bush is blooming! Finally! I planted it about three years ago and had begun to despair of ever enjoying that perfect fragrance from my own shrubbery, but it has blossomed at last. SNIFF!
  2. Mother Media spent the last nine days making Sensational Acres a better place. I was up at the crack to take her to the airport this morning, and I miss her already.
  3. Mother Media left chocolate-toffee cookies and three kinds of ice cream behind. Not to mention a new hosta/fern garden, new mailbox, clean laundry, spoiled cats and the keys to her car.
  4. Mother Media will be back at my house in a week.
  5. Long weekend, no real plans except deploying the hammock and cracking the spine on a candy book.
  6. Books!
  7. I have several episodes of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report downloaded and ready for viewing.
  8. I have all of Season 2 of Lost downloaded and ready for reviewing during the summer rerun season. How about that finale, eh?!
  9. Those thingies that hang on the back of a door and are covered with clear plastic pockets for stashing shoes? Those thingies are genius. I have two.
  10. I biked to work today but did not end up with a bad case of helmet hair — or my coworkers are too kind to point out my misperception. Either way, I win.

Let me hear from you: what are your top 10 simple pleasures?

4 Comments:

  • 1) My dogwood in full bloom; there must be several hundred of the white starry flowers that simply glow at dusk.

    2) The molten chocolate cake I had this weekend. Even though there was 1/3 of a stick of butter per piece of cake. Actually, because there was a third of a stick of butter per piece....

    3) The vanilla-bean ice cream I had with the chocolate cake. Few things are better than good ice cream come summer. Or winter. Or fall. Or spring!

    4) Sleeping in Memorial Day morning. Even though I wasn't up particularly late that night, there's something so luxurious about sleeping in.

    5) The new growth on my Horstmann's Silberlocke Korean fir. The short needles curl up around the stem and are bright white on the bottom side so the tree looks like it's been flocked. But in a tasteful way.

    6) The spires of bloom on my foxtail lilies. Even though it's their first year, they're still over six feet tall and gleaming white in the garden.

    7) Being able to look out the window and see the Better Homes & Gardens Test Garden in full bloom. And, being able to walk through it any time I want.

    8) Not having an exhaustive list of things to do for a change here at the office. (Now if I can just accomplish that feat at home...)

    9) The promise of sitting around the firepit tonight eating supper with my loved one.

    10) Passionflowers; especially the pure white one I got for my birthday this year whose blooms are so perfectly beautiful it takes my breath away.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  

  • 1.) Elizabeth Vargas
    2.) Music
    3.) Movies
    4.) People
    5.) Good Times
    6.) Fun Dates
    7.) Travel
    8.) Pizza
    9.) Good Friends
    10.) To Life & Being Linked!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:41 AM  

  • Tryin' to stay cool, thanks! :) I'm feeling much better now, I've been drinking Airborne faithfully, every 3 hours (haha). Seen the Pella lately? Take care!

    By Blogger Aura, at 2:14 PM  

  • I can't really do the top 10 for you...will you accept a random 10 instead? :)

    1) Giving myself a small tasty treat (ice cream, korean walnut cakes, etc).
    2) Walking in interesting places (Chinatown, museums, etc).
    3) Playing with pets.
    4) Crafting things (eg. making jewelry, knitting).
    5) Cooking.
    6) Spending time with books (at the library or bookstore.)
    7) Talking with a friend.
    8) Sleepng in. ;)
    9) Exploring.
    10) Doing "nothing" for a whole day. (You know how it is. It's never really nothing. :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home