Hagioscope

Monday, March 13, 2006

winter storm



Views from the upstairs deck at Sensational Acres.

Yesterday's cute little Dippin' Dots snow turned into a major winter storm over night. Numerous schools are closed and freeway traffic is delayed by more than an hour. Only one runway is operating at the airport.

Whiteout conditions mean that while driving the 2 miles to work, I couldn't see oncoming traffic until it was less than half a block away. Traffic lights and stop signs are so crusted with snow as to be invisible against the backdrop of white.

I had to walk backward from my car to the office building because the 30-mph wind was blowing snow into my face, blinding me.

This can mean only one thing: it's basketball and hockey tournament season in the Midwest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home