Hagioscope

Monday, March 13, 2006

winter storm



Views from the upstairs deck at Sensational Acres.

Yesterday's cute little Dippin' Dots snow turned into a major winter storm over night. Numerous schools are closed and freeway traffic is delayed by more than an hour. Only one runway is operating at the airport.

Whiteout conditions mean that while driving the 2 miles to work, I couldn't see oncoming traffic until it was less than half a block away. Traffic lights and stop signs are so crusted with snow as to be invisible against the backdrop of white.

I had to walk backward from my car to the office building because the 30-mph wind was blowing snow into my face, blinding me.

This can mean only one thing: it's basketball and hockey tournament season in the Midwest.

3 Comments:

  • Oh, you poor thing with your 2-mile commute. My heart bleeds for you. :-)

    Ethelred, a.k.a. She of the 22-Mile Commute

    By Blogger Ethelred, at 11:18 AM  

  • p.s. Your photos are gorgeous! Are those with the camera phone!?

    By Blogger Ethelred, at 11:19 AM  

  • Heh...so while I was in sunny San Antonio you were being snowed in. Ahh, well I have had my share of snow out by DC so I won't make any Karmic comments.

    Glad you stopped by my place, now I can link your new blog address!

    By Blogger JohnnyNVA, at 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home