Hagioscope

Friday, March 31, 2006

shop talk

OK, so I did the personal shopper thing tonight after work, and I have to tell you, it's freaking me the hell out. Yes, I came away with a very nice suit, a very nice casual outfit, and a pair of sandals I'll wear until the next snowfall. But I spent a shitload of money.

I had actually budgeted this very amount for clothes shopping, but I guess I thought I'd get five or eight times the merchandise for that figure. I mean, I bought high-quality stuff today, and that's good, but I'm very, very unused to spending anything like that kind of dough on clothes I'm not going to get married in. (Maybe I shouldn't do all my shopping at Target?) I'm trying to tell myself I'm worth the good stuff, but right now, I'm just reminded of why I loathe clothes shopping so very, very much.

2 Comments:

  • I love clothes shopping ... only when I have money to spend and I know exactly what I want and where I can buy it. I personally prefer to spend more money on clothes and get less, than the other way around because they'll last longer. Enjoy your new clothes!

    By Blogger Kim, at 10:51 PM  

  • I'm trying to convince myself that I'm with you 100%, because yours is a reasonable and thoughtful approach. I guess I'm still in sticker shock — but I can't wait to wear my new sandals.

    By Blogger Jugglernaut, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home