Hagioscope

Thursday, March 30, 2006

listen up

Slow day at the office, so I'm catching up on some administrative details. And by that I mean I'm listening to Lost podcasts on Atlas while reading scintillating essays about health care.

Latest discovery: Video podcasts look a lot more videoy when I view them through the video podcast menu, not the regular (sound-only) podcast menu. D'OH!

Last night's Lost was had a little Easter egg in it for me: a character's driver's license was flashed on screen for a moment, and he's from a Twin Cities snoburb not far from mine. If you want to sound in-the-know, the city of Wayzata calls itself "Y-zetta," not "Way-zotta." There. Now you sound like a Minnesotan. Ya.

Because I am fashion-impaired, I have finally broken down and called Nordstrom's personal shopping service. I'll probably meet with a shopping assistant tomorrow after work and try to buy a work outfit or two for summer. Or maybe just one; Nordstrom ain't cheap.

But seriously. I need the help. I can't seem to find clothes anywhere between Junior Sluts and Janet Reno. Where do medium-sized, 30-something women shop for adult-but-not-dowdy clothes? This is not a rhetorical question.

Anybody out there use Skype? I'm thinking of trying this out, and trying to get my Mom to try it out, so we can talk long-distance for free. Worth it or not? All opinions welcome.

OK, time to concentrate. And by that I mean switch the iPod to NPR's Story of the Day series. Thank you, God, for technology.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • We love Skype. I talk to my brother in Italy and parents in SD for free all the time.

    Use my gmail address to search for my contact ID.

    Have fun!

    By Blogger Parker, at 8:44 AM  

  • I love Lost!!! I listened to Jay & Jack yetserday, and am waiting for LostCasts to come out this weekend. I desperately miss MYOKOMw/SAS.

    By Blogger Kim, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home