Hagioscope

Monday, March 06, 2006

copy cat

I am at this moment having strong plagiaristic urges to write and podcast sci-fi short stories a la Cory Doctorow.

I have two story ideas bobbing around in my mental crockpot, and I promised myself an early birthday present of the podcast-friendly iLife upgrade with my tax refund. All I have to do now is write the stories and learn to podcast. Easy.

Every once in a while I think about taking 6-8 weeks off from T'ai Chi and dedicating my after-work time to writing. Then I hark back to that month I had free last fall and how little of that time I spent writing and wonder if I'd be similarly unproductive with this arrangement.

Alternatively, I think about putting WRITE FICTION on my calendar in three-hour blocks on Wednesdays, Fridays, and weekends. I think about rewarding myself with gold stars on days I keep the appointment, and a dozen stars means I get a prize.

I've been frelling away a lot of my free time lately, waiting for inspiration, or at least common sense, to strike. Do you suppose it just did?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I like the 3-hour block, gold star idea! Sounds fairly realistic, and has rewards built in!

    Kerner

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home